Most people think that acne is caused by excessive oils, secreted by oily skin. This is somewhat true, but even dry skin may have acne breakouts! Whatever be the type of your skin, if it is prone to acne, then you will need to care for it appropriately.
You will have to take precautions, so that your acne heals fast and does not result in scarring. Most people believe that since oily skin is likely to get acne, they don’t need to moisturize their skin, because if they do so then their skin will become oilier and hence acne formation will be encouraged. But this belief is not true!
Dry skin is very common problem that affect most of the people. Dry skin is caused due to many reasons. Dry skin contains low level of sebum and it is very sensitive. Premature wrinkles and fine lines are caused by dry skin as it lose elasticity and smoothness easily.
Moisturizing is the best way to avoid dry skin. Many dry skin moisturizers are accessible in the market but they are prepared with chemicals. So, natural face moisturizers are best to deal with dry skin. Homemade face moisturizers are less expensive and easy to make. Refer the article to know the homemade face moisturizer for dry skin.
Moisturizers enhance the process of skin cell renewal and help them to maintain their water content. Compared to dry skin, moisturized skin protects itself better. Natural moisturizers are chemical free. While preparing homemade face moisturizer use ingredients that go through the skin and offer protective oil layer on the skin surface.
The ingredients should also enhance the epidermis’s water maintaining capacity and add glide on the face skin. Be sure that moisturizer should not be used in excess as it can cause clogged pores and blackheads.
1) Strawberry moisturizer: take one table spoon of olive oil, one tablespoon of vegetable oil, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and 2 drops of vitamin. Pour all the ingredients into a jar and then add in 2 tablespoon of smashed strawberries. Shake well in order to blend all the ingredients together. And store it in a refrigerator.
2) Aloe Vera Moisturizer: The preparation of aloe vera moisturizer is rather easy. Take equal amounts of aloe vera gel and mineral water. Heat both the ingredients till it becomes a cream and store it in a jar.
3) Moisturizer for normal skin: Mix 1 cup of water and 1/2 cup of fresh rose petals and heat it till it boils. Let it cool and strain out the rose petals and add glycerin and aloe vera juice. Store it in the refrigerator.
4) Moisturizer for acne prone skin: Take the juice from half a lemon, 3 tbsp of yogurt and 1 – 1/2 teaspoon of honey and mix them together. Add in 1 whipped egg and stir well. Apply on the face and leave for about 15 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
5) If you want to keep it simple, then just apply the juice of fresh fruits, leave on for about 10 minutes and then wash it off. This is a natural moisturizer and a great one!
Strawberries, in fact, are rich in Salicylic Acid which exfoliates skin, getting rid of the dead skin cells on the surface and unclogging pores, thus making it very beneficial for those with acne-prone skin. I’m lucky I never had to deal with acne so I can’t personally vouch on how well these masks help treat it, but I know people who used them with positive results, so if you’re curious here are a couple of recipes for you to try:
1. Strawberries and Honey Mask
2 teaspoons of honey
Mash the strawberries and mix them with the honey (its anti-inflammatory properties make it a suitable ingredient to use for those with acne prone skin). Apply the paste on your face, wait about 20 minutes and then rinse off. Now you can apply your usual moisturizer.
2. Strawberries and Milk Mask
1/2 tablespoons of flour
1/2 tablespoon of milk
Mash the strawberries in a bowl. Add the milk and flour and mix well until you get a thick paste. Apply it on your face and leave it on for about 20 minutes. Then, rinse off. Regardless of what mask you choose to use, if you have acne you won’t see the benefits straight away. You’d need to use it twice a week for one or two months to see the results.