Acne occurs when your body produces excessive amount of oil that helps to lubricate your skin. Excessive production of sebum can clog the pores of the skin together with dirt and bacteria, leading to formation of acne. And, even worse, acne can leave some ugly scars on your skin if left untreated. Severe acne may cause embarrassing blemishes and may leave terrible scarring.
Acne scarring may range from mild hyper pigmentation to deep dark scars. It is difficult to treat and cure ice pick scars. Fortunately, there are various treatment options available in order to get rid of acne scars effectively. However, in spite of many medicines and chemical products being available today to remove acne scars, many people prefer to go for herbal remedies because of their zero side effects. Here we have listed some of the most effective natural cures for acne scars, which can be used easily at home.
This natural cure works for all types of skin. You can simply rub your face with an ice cube. It is an amazing skin therapy which closes open skin pores and removes acne marks gradually.
Tomato face mask:
This is also one of the best natural acne scar remedies. Apply tomato juice on the acne scars, which are blended with condensed milk powder. It contains cleansing enzymes that fade the scars very quickly. Mixture of tomato juice and milk powder makes the skin smooth. If mixed with cucumber juice, it helps in fading ruddy marks.
Tomatoes have vitamin A which helps in stopping your skin’s overproduction of sebum that leads to acne breakouts and acne scars. Slice a tomato and rub its juice on the acne scars. Wash off the mask after 20 minutes. The juice will lighten your scars and increase skin elasticity.
Make a Face Mask
One of the most effective treatments that we have found involves mixing together:
1 tablespoon of sour cream
1 tablespoon of yogurt
1 tablespoon of oatmeal
a few drops of lemon juice
Pat the mixture onto acne scars, leave on for 10 minutes, and rinse off.
This will help to moisturize, repair, and brighten the skin, without abrasion or harsh chemicals.
Egg Yolk Honey and Olive Oil Mask Recipe
You can also try this homemade face mask recipe to cure pimples and acne. Honey is one of the best natural remedies for acne. It kills bacteria that cause zits and soothes the inflamed pustule. When used together with egg yolk, honey can help lighten acne marks and scars as well.
To make honey and egg yolk face mask, you’ll need these ingredients – 1 tablespoon pure honey, 1 egg yolk and 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Beat the egg yolk in a small bowl. Stir in olive oil. Add honey and blend all ingredients well.
- Apply the egg yolk honey and olive oil facial mask on your face, being careful to avoid the delicate eye area.
- Leave the face mask to work for 20-30 minutes before you rinse it off completely with lukewarm water.
Cinnamon And Honey Mask For Acne
Here’s how you use cinnamon and honey to effectively and quickly manage acne:
- Blend 1 tablespoon of honey with a pinch of cinnamon powder.
- Wash your face thoroughly using a cleanser, rinse and pat dry.
- Apply a thin layer of the cinnamon – honey blend on to your face, like you would apply a face mask.
- Leave on for around 20 minutes, and then wash off. Do not apply soap, just rinse. Next, apply a toner and moisturizer.
- Follow this regime daily for at 1 month.
- Gradually reduce the frequency of application.